Whether conducting meetings, hosting events, or entertaining friends, our members and their guests receive high standards of service and enjoy a variety of attractive rooms for business or social engagements. The Club Lafayette is conveniently located in the City of Lowell, with easy access to downtown and major highways.
 

Club Lafayette, Inc. is a private club for business people. Founded in 1913, the club has enjoyed very high standings in the community of the City of Lowell.
   
 
Meet with clients
Reserve a private room for an important meeting or seminar
Make a favorable impression with guests and
prospective clients
Enjoy conversational privacy throughout the club
Experience outstanding personal service in an
exceptional atmosphere
Network with other members and their guests
Join a billiards or dart league, or just stop by and play a few games with friends
 

In 1913 a group of prominent Franco-American citizens of Lowell assembled and discussed the anomaly of Franco-Americans celebrating Le Jour de l'An in clubs not French, where the members did not have the same ties of language, blood, and tradition surging through their veins. They decided to form a high-grade French club under the name of Club Lafayette, named after that great Frenchman, the apostle of American liberty, who is the greatest Franco-American.

On December 4, 1913 the Club Lafayette was incorporated. There were 97 charter members, men well-known in the community life of Lowell, and especially in Franco-American centers. The club was first located at 831 Merrimack Street, and the grand opening was held with a very successful New Year's Eve Party held December 31, 1913. The club operated at this location for six years and then moved in 1920 to 59 Wannalancit Street, in what was then known as the Stone Castle and the Bowers Castle, where remained until January 31, 1924. It then became the opinion of the majority of the members that it was not centrally located and not within reach. The location was again changed to 663 Merrimack Street at the corner of Cabot Street, occupying the three upper floors of that building where it remained until April 23, 1939. The club then purchased the Fletcher Street Fire House at 465 Fletcher Street and completely renovated it into modern club rooms.
E:info@clublafayette.org
P:978.452.8277
Copyright 2010 Club Lafayette. All rights reserved.